Friday, April 18, 2008

I just don't get it...

As I stumble through life, I happen upon things, situations, people, that I don't quite comprehend. I have always prided myself on my ability to empathize and understand things that are outside my personal realm of experience. However, this ability fails me at certain times. For instance:

Leather - I like it for shoes, pants, furniture and the like. Things that people in general can use. I fail to understand leather as a 'lifestyle'.

Role play - What the fuck is this? If it is what I think it is, I couldn't do it with a straight face. Come on you guys! Oh I know, whatever floats your boat, but I can't help thinking what my reaction would be; I'm sure that whatever it would be, it would be a mood killer anyway.

Personal philosophies - If I was forced to think about it, my personal philosophy would be something like 'duck....'. I have had enough life experience to know that life just happens and you can't plan for it. On gay 'dating' sites, I see young guys, between 18-22, who have extravagant ideas that life is: short, a journey to be shared, something to be lived to the fullest and so on. How can someone who's total life experience is a result of primary and secondary school life, have such grandiose ideas. Wait a minute, I think I just figured it out.

Couples that play - why bother being a couple? I always thought that when you entered a relationship, you were monogamous. Apparently not. I respect them for the honesty, but personally, I would think this is an awkward situation. I guess we all have different definitions of what constitutes love.

Feet! - suddenly, everybody is into feet. This, is puzzling

1 comment:

Jannx said...

Interesting observations.